This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the VL legal department by interfacing with the sales team, VL prospects and VL Counsel to assist with preparing and editing documents and ensuring compliance with internal procedures during the sales and services expansion processes. This position exercises some discretion and independent judgment in the redlining of NDAs, contracts and amendments and reporting all issues to VL Counsel for review and approval. Responsibilities include:
- Review redlines from prospects and escalate areas of concern to VL Counsel.
- Work with VL sales team regarding acceptable changes to business terms.
- Review and handle NDA requests from prospects.
- Work with Client Services to assist with upgrades and expansions to services.
- Prepare initial amendments and upgrade agreements for review by VL Counsel, with required input from Client Services (Client Services should own process, with assistance from legal).
- Assist VL Finance and Sales team in interpreting existing contracts.
Secondary responsibility is to assist KBA Audit team with analytical support, as needed.
- Create trend analysis and other excel documents for senior auditor analysis/use.
- Perform reviews of borderline files with lower savings potential and report to senior auditor.
- Assist in the review of hourly files.
- Interact with clients to obtain additional information needed to complete KBA’s review.
VL Prospect Communication & KBA Problem Solving
- Creates and abides by communication protocols for VL Sales Team and Client Services team when any contracting issues arise.
- Initial point of contact between sales and a prospect during early phases of negotiations.
- Maintain existing library of standard documents, policies, and procedures.
- Interact with prospects on conference calls to handle low-level legal issues during contract negotiations.
- Fields issues, comments, questions and concerns and sources answers for prospect questions and/or internal sales team questions.
- Communicates with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner.
- Receive assignments from LF/Senior Auditors for KBA auditing needs. Handle smaller files through completion.
- Create trending analysis and other support documents as needed by KBA.
- Will create efficiencies when VL projects are a priority by providing more support to VL legal department, allowing for VL Counsel to close larger transactions and handle all KBA audit matters in a timely fashion.
- Will take burden off of audit team when clients request a small project or demand work on a non-qualified project.
- Open up time for VL Counsel and KBA auditors to work on higher priority work.
Potential Performance Metrics
- Number of NDA’s processed.
- Number of client upgrade agreements handled.
- Number of contract negotiations handled.
- Number of KBA assignments completed
- Time saved in VL contracting process
- Ability to identify audit claims in KBA files.
- Client satisfaction survey results
- Ability to effectively communicate issues to VL Counsel and Sales team.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot client/prospect/KBA file issues in an timely manner
About Visual Lease
Visual Lease is a global leader in helping companies manage, analyze and report on their leased asset portfolio – including real estate, equipment and more. Our cloud-based SaaS platform is relied upon by a community of 300+ corporations, retailers, hospitals and institutions.
We are trusted by finance, accounting and real estate teams to be a single source of truth for complex portfolios. Our robust solution integrates with all major accounting and resource planning systems with critical features such as FASB/IASB accounting modules.
Founded in 1995 by the pioneers of the lease audit industry, we like to think of ourselves as a 20-year-old startup. We combine our legal and financial expertise with a culture of tech innovation – and we’re growing fast
For consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to Human Resources, KBA Lease Services/Visual Lease, 100 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Fax No. (732) 636-0534. Email – email@example.com