Will you be attending any industry events? Are you interested in joining any educational webinars?
Meet the Visual Lease team and learn how we can support lease accounting compliance!
Act now and get ahead of the ASC 842 2021 deadline!
If you are a private company who is working hard to meet the 2021 deadline for ASC 842, you’re not alone! Preparing for the new lease accounting standards is a huge undertaking – but we can help. In this webinar, we will share our top recommendations to guide you through the next few months, so you can feel better prepared to meet the deadline for ASC 842.
You will learn:
- How to better plan your compliance project
- Key strategies for accomplishing your goals
- Tips to ensure accurate lease data
Why You Should Attend
Our very own Marc Betesh, CEO of Visual Lease, will be speaking at the Negotiating Commercial Leases 2020 course. This 2-day course was created by the venerable Milton Friedman as the Milton Friedman Lecture Series over 50 years ago and remains one of PLI’s longest running, popular programs. It is designed to train legal and financial advisors of varying levels of experience–whether in-house or outside counsel or any professional representing owners, tenants, managers, or investors in real estate interests. Take this course to learn or sharpen your negotiation and drafting skills, techniques and strategies, and to get ahead of issues that will impact your clients’ expectations in a competitive real estate market.
What You Will Learn
- How to successfully negotiate contentious lease items
- Learn about the expansion of “permitted uses” in retail and medical office spaces
- Become well-versed in handling emerging issues such as co-tenancies and “pop-ups”
- Are the other parties’ language demands for insurance and indemnity clauses reasonable?
- How to properly draft purchase options
- Potential malpractice risks—identify and avoid them
During this webinar, we will discuss:
- What changes to lease accounting rules a private domestic company needs to keep in mind when representing leases on the balance sheet,
- Which aspects of ASC 842 enable domestic companies to simplify how they implement the latest lease accounting requirements,
- How lease accounting rules differ most significantly for domestic and international companies, and
- Which implications of the latest lease accounting rules companies should consider when deciding whether and when to lease.
America’s Commercial Real Estate Show: A Deep Dive into Lease Occupancy Costs and CAM Expenses
This is not our normal weekly show, this a 72 minute special edition podcast on lease occupancy and CAM costs. This was taped on stage at the Cobb Galleria in Atlanta at the Georgia Society of CPAs annual real estate conference. Featuring Marc Betesh, President and CEO of Visual Lease.
In this webinar, we will provide a high level overview of the ASC 842 changes and how they affect your balance sheet. We will identify the proper way to account for the operating and finance leases on your balance sheet, so you can better plan how to comply.
In this webinar, we will take a look at lease accounting’s requirements, and compare how it can be done using lease accounting technology vs. manually. We will also take a look into what lease accounting software has to offer, and how to best select a software vendor. What questions should be asked when evaluating software vendors? How long will it take to get the solution up and running? What are the challenges companies are having in search for a vendor