Last updated: September 5, 2023. Effective as of September 18, 2023.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- Automated Data Collection
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Third-Party Analytics Services
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Information We Share
- Data Transfers
- Your Rights and Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Third-Party Services and Features
- How to Contact Us
- California Privacy Statement
Information We Obtain
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information, including name, telephone number, and postal and email address;
- Account information, including login information, account preferences, and other account details;
- Payment information, including name, and billing address;
- Professional information, including your job title, company name, industry, and professional and employment background;
- Information you upload when using the Visual Lease platform, including lease-related information;
- Demographic information, including gender, date of birth, and other personal characteristics;
- Device information, as described in the Automated Data Collection section below;
- Location information;
- Job application information, including your resume and any additional application information provided to us (for example, employment history and education); and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through emails or other communications, social media pages, surveys, registrations and sign-up forms, and other features of the Services.
We may collect this information when you visit our website, use our Services, or otherwise interact with us (for example, call or email us). In some cases, we also may obtain your personal information from other parties, such as from clients, vendors, and other third parties with whom we work. We also may obtain other personal information about you in ways that we describe at the time of collection.
Automated Data Collection
When you use our Services or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, pixel tags, server or device logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “pixel tag” (also known as a web beacon) is a type of technology that is placed on a website or within an email to track certain activity, such as views of a website or when an email is opened. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Services; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the Services and the effectiveness of our communications; (5) authenticate your identity, protect against fraud and provide our Services; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance our Services, and help ensure they are working properly.
We may use these automated technologies on the Services to collect information about your device, browsing actions, and usage patterns. We obtain information about your device and web browser in this manner such as your device IP address, general location information, unique device identifiers, device type and model, device characteristics and settings, browser settings and characteristics, operating system type and version, language and country preferences, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, and other application details. We also may obtain information about your interactions with our Services, such as pages visited, links clicked, features used, dates and times of usage, session information, and other information about your use of our Services. Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you in accordance with our legitimate interests in providing our Services and maintaining our business, and in certain instances, to carry out our contractual obligations with you, including to:
- Provide our Services;
- Provide, onboard, and manage your account;
- Communicate with you, respond to inquiries, and offer client support;
- Personalize your experience with our Services;
- Advertise and market our Services;
- Administer participation in surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or other programs;
- Perform analytics and market, trend, or statistical research;
- Compile, anonymize, or aggregate personal data for our business purposes;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- Manage career opportunities with us, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding;
- Manage our relationships with current or prospective clients, vendors, and other business partner personnel;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Services, prevent misuse, and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with relevant industry standards and Visual Lease policies, including the Visual Lease Terms & Conditions.
In addition, we may use your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which Visual Lease is subject, and to exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims. We also may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
To the extent we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal information.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on the Services, such as Google Analytics. The providers of these analytics services use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyze your use of the Services. The information collected through these means may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visitwww.aboutads.info/choices,www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. In addition, your Facebook account settings may allow you to adjust the ads you see while on Facebook and the information Facebook can use to show you ads on Facebook. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through these mechanisms.
Information We Share
We may share the categories of personal information we obtain about you (as described above) with the categories of third parties listed in this section, including:
- Our Partners: We may share your personal information with jobbers, dealers, franchisees, joint marketing partners, and other business partners.
- Service Providers: We share personal information with vendors and other entities to perform services for us on our behalf, such as technology and communications, payment processing and billing, advertising and marketing, analytics, detecting and preventing fraud, security, customer service, and others.
- Business Transfers: We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
- Others: We may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) with your consent or as directed by your representative.
Your Rights and Choices
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may (1) request access to certain personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update, correct, amend, or erase your personal information; (3) exercise your right to data portability; and (4) restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. To exercise these rights, update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section below. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, and we will apply your preferences going forward as appropriate. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent prior to such withdrawal. You may have the right to file a complaint with a regulator if you have concerns regarding our processing of your personal information. You may appeal our decision with respect to a request you have submitted by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may send you promotional emails regarding our Services, you can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our relevant emails. Additionally, you may update certain of your account details and settings by logging into your account on the Services.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or use.
Retention of Personal Information
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, the Services may provide links to other online services (such as websites or social media platforms), and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Visual Lease, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How to Contact Us
Visual Lease, LLC
100 Woodbridge Center Drive, Suite 200
Woodbridge, New Jersey 07095
Attention: Legal Department
California Privacy Statement
Last Updated: August 1, 2023
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature and education information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, which you may provide us when applying for jobs with Visual Lease, such as sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and citizenship status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, and visual
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information such as résumé information, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, previous employment details, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services;
- Providing advertising and marketing services to you, except for cross-context behavioral advertising (which is addressed in the “Sale or Sharing of Personal Information” section of this Statement);
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, such as non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors; and
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
We do not use or disclose (and have not used or disclosed during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement) “sensitive personal information” (as defined under the CCPA) for any purpose other than those expressly permitted under the CCPA.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you contact us
- Your devices, such as when you use visit our website or use our Services
- Our affiliates
- From your employer, such as if you are a representative of a client or other business partner
- Others who use our Services, such as our corporate clients
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Our business partners
- Online advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Internet service providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Recruiting and talent agencies
- Job references, such as your employers or teachers
- Data brokers, such as public databases, credit bureaus, credit reporting service providers and background check services
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may share your personal information by allowing certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect personal information via automated technologies on our website for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. This kind of sharing may be considered a “sale” under California law when the personal information is exchanged for non-monetary consideration. You have the right to opt out of these types of disclosures of your information.
We may sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (and may have sold or shared during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services:
- Commercial Information
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. We do not sell or share sensitive personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||· Our affiliates|
· Vendors who provide services on our behalf
· Our business partners
· Online advertising services
· Data analytics providers
· Internet service providers
· Operating systems and platforms
· Recruiting and talent agencies
· Job references, such as your employers or teachers
· Data brokers, such as public databases, credit bureaus, credit reporting service providers and background check services
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80||· Signature|
· Education information
|Protected Classifications||· Sex|
· Gender identity
· Gender expression
· Sexual orientation
· Citizenship status
|Commercial Information||· Records of personal property|
· Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered
· Other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
|Online Activity||· Browsing history|
· Search history
· Information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
|Sensory Information||· Audio|
|Employment Information||· Résumé information|
· Occupation details
· Education details
· Certifications and professional associations
· Previous employment detail
· Pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have disclosed personal information about you to government entities, and third parties in connection with corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures.
California Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold or shared about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you have an account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have an account with us and you request access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to verify your email address or phone number in our records and/or provide any of the following information:
- Other contact information (such as name, email, phone number, and address); and
- An indication of your prior contact with Visual Lease (such as your point of contact at VL).
In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.