Configuration Management is a critical process responsible for controlling and tracking all versions of software and documentation assets. It ensures the security and integrity of software assets by implementing repeatable tools and processes.
This DevOps Engineer position is a mixture of typical build and release engineering activities, DevOps tasks, Cloud administration and server management activities. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for build operations, website setup, and enforcing policies and procedures defined by the Systems Architect. The position also includes server management, cloud infrastructure and software installation tasks, user training and support, and documentation of pertinent processes and procedures. The ideal candidate is capable of automating a variety of processes and procedures related to builds, websites, SQL databases, and Windows servers.
- Build Operations
- Schedule, perform and notify stakeholders of software builds. This includes compiling and deploying ASP.NET web applications and SQL changes to target environments through a customized Team Build process.
- Automate and Manage the nightly build process.
- Troubleshoot compile and build failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Manage the release of software components into Development, QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Work with all parties to resolve change-related scheduling conflicts according to established practices.
- Collaborate with QA and Development managers on timing and content of builds, releases, and patches.
- Enforce Configuration Management policies and procedures.
- Build Automation and Configuration Management
- Develop and maintain tools to automate builds and deployments as needed under the direction of the Systems Architect.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of build and release processes, automating wherever possible.
- Troubleshoot internal software automation tools and utilities.
- Work with development teams to ensure configuration management requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed for new websites and software products.
- Research and recommend improvements in procedures and tools
- Share in developing effective configuration management strategies and solutions for existing and new products
- Website, Database, Software, and Server Management
- Set up and configure new websites and databases.
- Assist in managing and administering development, QA, staging and production SQL and web servers.
- Develop and maintain tools to automate website setup, database rebaselining, or server management as needed under the direction of the Systems Architect.
- Maintain servers by identifying and removing old backups, builds or installing software updates.
- Install, configure, and customize internal and 3rd party software and utilities.
- Assist in ensuring our 3rd party software installations are compliant with licensing agreements.
- Create and maintain website administration, server administration, and server setup documentation.
- User Training and Support
- Provide expertise, support, and training in TFS, Visual Studio, and builds.
- Manage TFS code repository. Maintain and improve practices of branching, code merge, etc.
- Create and maintain workstation setup and configuration management policies and procedures documentation.
- Provide assistance and training for a variety of configuration management procedures and tools.
- Provide assistance in application support.
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or similar.
- Knowledge of fundamental software engineering principles and relational database principles.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/2016, IIS websites, and SQL servers in a production environment.
- Experience in administering Team Foundation Server or VSTS in the cloud.
- Experience in developing build and release tools; experience in customizing Team Builds a plus.
- Experience with scripting; Knowledge of PowerShell a plus.
- Experience in build and release processes and procedures and source code management.
- Knowledge with C#/ASP.NET.
- Knowledge with T-SQL.
- Knowledge of Jenkins.
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes.
- Knowledge of configuration management and code management principles including branching and merging.
- Superior troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly for communicating technical topics.
About Visual Lease
Visual Lease is a global leader in helping companies manage, analyze and report on their leased asset portfolio – including real estate, equipment and more. Our cloud-based SaaS platform is relied upon by a community of 300+ corporations, retailers, hospitals and institutions.
We are trusted by finance, accounting and real estate teams to be a single source of truth for complex portfolios. Our robust solution integrates with all major accounting and resource planning systems with critical features such as FASB/IASB accounting modules.
Founded in 1995 by the pioneers of the lease audit industry, we like to think of ourselves as a 20-year-old startup. We combine our legal and financial expertise with a culture of tech innovation – and we’re growing fast!
For consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to Human Resources, KBA Lease Services/Visual Lease, 100 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Fax No. (732) 636-0534. Email – email@example.com