The Senior Database Administrator at Visual Lease is responsible for prioritizing requests, overseeing all DBA projects and delegating workflow to other DBAs. Provide technical expertise in all aspects of database implementation life cycle from sizing, through capacity planning, design, and implementation for a high volume / high transaction SaaS platform.
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements.
- Setting up databases for various environments.
- Work closely with programming staff on database design changes to meet business requirements.
- Coordinate major database platform upgrades.
- Provide inputs in defining database standards and best practices for advanced monitoring and troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Schedule and coordinate database jobs, monitor progress and completion of all jobs and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Review database related tools to determine feature sets to be incorporated.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain best practices and corporate standards.
- Implement backup and recovery processes for all databases.
- Manage and mentor the DBA team members.
- Minimum 5 years in a DBA role in a software development organization, preferably SaaS.
- Extensive experience and strong skills with database performance tuning and analysis.
- Extensive experience with standard DBA activities such as backup, recovery and archiving.
- Ability to design high volume and high transaction DB schema.
- Strong knowledge of clustered databases.
- Experience in a SaaS multi-tenant environment.
- Knowledge of high availability systems, fail over and disaster recovery sites and best practices.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and experience in a DevOps culture.
- Ability to manage project/tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, good articulation, ability to derive, understand, and analyze business requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- SQL Server DBA experience.
About Visual Lease
Visual Lease is a global leader in helping companies manage, analyze and report on their leased asset portfolio – including real estate, equipment and more. Our cloud-based SaaS platform is relied upon by a community of 300+ corporations, retailers, hospitals and institutions.
We are trusted by finance, accounting and real estate teams to be a single source of truth for complex portfolios. Our robust solution integrates with all major accounting and resource planning systems with critical features such as FASB/IASB accounting modules.
Founded in 1995 by the pioneers of the lease audit industry, we like to think of ourselves as a 20-year-old startup. We combine our legal and financial expertise with a culture of tech innovation – and we’re growing fast!
For consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to Human Resources, KBA Lease Services/Visual Lease, 100 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Fax No. (732) 636-0534. Email – email@example.com